Explorer of Life

Monday, July 21, 2008

Four Decades After Man Conquered the Moon

It was December 1968 that the first man headed for the moon but it wasn't until July 20, 1969 when Neil Armstrong by Apollo 11 landed on the moon and said his famous phrase "A small step for a man but a giant leap for mankind", that opened up space age possibilities.

I was six years-old and still remember watching this historic event on black and white T.V.  Since then, space and technology always stir my curiosity.  Thought I'd jot down some of the memorable movies and TV series that I love (list not in any chronology):

2001: A Space Odyssey

E.T.

Star Trek: The Voyager (I like this one the most as the captain is a woman and also technology is more high-tech than the other Treks - which I find a bit too slow for my taste)

Apollo 13

Lost in Space T.V. Series (จำชื่อภาษาไทยไม่ได้)

Time Tunnel (อุโมงค์มหัศจรรย์)

Innerspace

That's all I can think of for now.  Feel free to complete this list and share your favorites too.

Cheers to Journey to the Galaxies!!!

 

4 comments:

  1. สามเรื่องไหนบ้างคะ สงสัยรายการทีวีเป่า เกิดไม่ทันละสิ
    Space Cowboy ดูแล้วจ้า เมื่อเสาร์ที่ผ่านมาเองค่ะ ฉายทางเคเบิ้ล สนุกดี

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2001: space oddyssey สุดยอดแห่งจิตนาการมากครับ ตอนยานอวกาศลอยนี่ทำได้เนียนสุดๆ
    E T ก้อน่ารัก , Appolo13 ก้อโฮลีวู๊ดมากๆ 555
    นอกนั้นไม่เคยดูเลยครับ
    ผมชอบ Star wars อีกเรื่องครับ โดยเฉพาะ ภาค3 ,4 และ 5 เป็นความทรงจำวัยเด็ก ฮิ ฮิ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Inner Space very much too. Apollo 13 is also one of my favourites, partly because of Tom Hanks.

    ReplyDelete