Explorer of Life

Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Night at the Opera at A Ball Park - Part I

Last night I went to an Opera at the Ball Park. It was a great fun!  Tons of people, perhaps the whole city showed up.  San Francisco Opera's Lucia di Lammermoor by Gaetano Donezetti with Natalie Dessay as Lucia was projected on a giant screen cristal clear.  The performance was fantastic and it was Miss Dessay's debut in San Francisco.  The sound was first rate too.  We even got to sing "Take me out to the Opera" during the intermission like the baseball's seventh inning stretch. About the opera itself? I'll let you know about the story and my impression in part two.  Stay tuned.  Meawhile, you can read about it here http://sfopera.com/o/260.asp.

Take me out to the opera,
Take me out with the crowd.
Buy me seat at the Opera House.
I don’t care if it’s Mozart or Strauss,
For it’s “root, root, root, for the divas,
Bring a friend or a spouse,
For it’s “one, two, three cheers for you”
at the Opera House.

(The original song is below.  You can sing along and change the words accordingly).

Take Me Out to the Ball Game [With Donald] - Disney

5 comments:

  1. This looks fun. Now I understand what you friend talked about in her e-mail. I suppose they will be doing this regularly in SFO the way they do it all year round in Vienna, even when opera season has its pause. They show opera and classical music films during summer time, in combination with world culinary cousines, and that is not in a football/baseball stadium, but in front of Vienna's picturesque city hall. Very cultured, indeed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ตายแล้ว.....ผีฝรั่งไม่เข้าสิงผมซักที 555
    ขอตอบเป็นทำนองโอเปร่านะครับ

    ReplyDelete
  3. ฝรั่งชอบฟังโอเปร่าดีนะครับ เห็นคนเยอะดี

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do this once a year and this is the second year they did this. They also have live broadcast to theatres as well but I don't know the schedule. I think the baseball stadium is good for this purpose as the facility is already there and it can hold 100,000 people easily and now baseball is not in season. I can't complain as it is free and high quality broadcast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ปกติผีงิ้วฝรั่ง เอ้ย อุปรากร นี่ก็ไม่ค่อยสิงต่อยบ่อย เท่าไหร่ หรอกค่ะ ไปปีนๆ กระไดดูให้ประเทืองปัญญาบ้างเป็นครั้งคราวก็พอ

    ReplyDelete